Obtaining Benefits For Workplace Knee And Leg Injuries
The activities we perform on the job every day can cause wear and tear on our knees and legs. While most injuries are minor and heal with rest, serious knee problems can require medical treatment and result in a long period of time when you cannot do your job.
At Shollenberger Januzzi & Wolfe, LLP, our lawyers represent people who suffer knee, leg and other types of job-related injuries. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions. With offices in Harrisburg and Enola, we represent injured workers throughout central Pennsylvania.
Helping Injured Workers Get The Benefits They Deserve
There are two main types of knee and leg injuries:
- Sudden-onset injuries such as meniscus tears, ligament tears, breaks, kneecap dislocation and knee joint dislocation
- Repetitive strain injuries such as bursitis and tendinitis
As long as your injury is job related, you are entitled to benefits from workers’ compensation. If you have any concerns about your medical care or benefits, don’t wait to seek legal advice. Our lawyers can help you deal with issues such as:
- Notice of Workers’ Compensation Denial (NWCD)
- Disputes as to whether your injury was work related
- Disputes over the amount of benefits
- Disputes over your medical diagnosis
- Loss of use claims for certain permanent injuries
- Negotiation for a lump-sum settlement
If your employer has stopped your benefits or released you to work before you are ready, it’s important to contact a workers’ compensation lawyer as soon as possible. If you wait too long, you will give up your right to appeal the decision.