- Founder & Senior Counsel
Mr. Shollenberger lives in Mechanicsburg with his wife, Marissa and their children, Ryan and Jessica. He graduated summa cum laude from Dickinson College in 1978 and the attained his J.D. from the Dickinson School of Law in 1981. He has been continuously licensed to practice law since October 27, 1981.
Mr. Shollenberger joined the law firm of Meyers, Desfor and Ronca in 1981 and became a partner in the firm in 1985, which was then renamed Meyers, Desfor and Shollenberger. He held this position until founding the Law Offices of Timothy A. Shollenberger on November 1, 1993. In 1997, he and Mr. Januzzi entered into the partnership now known as Shollenberger and Januzzi, LLP.
Mr. Shollenberger has been selected for admission into both the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forums. Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to those lawyers who have achieved verdicts and or/settlements of a million dollars or more for one or more clients. Membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum recognizes lawyers who have obtained a verdict and or/settlement of $2 million dollars or more.
Attorney Shollenberger has attained a well earned reputation as a staunch advocate for his clients. He has tried personal injury cases to verdict in seven different counties and the Middle District of Pennsylvania. He has arbitrated many more cases in various counties across the Commonwealth. His has successfully handled major cases for injured motorists and motorcyclists, as well as people injured because of medical malpractice and defective products. In his career, he has attained numerous six figure settlements and in 2003, 2005 and 2011, seven figure settlements on behalf of injured clients. He has developed a referral practice in which other attorneys who do not handle personal injury cases themselves refer those cases to him.
Mr. Shollenberger has also attained statewide recognition for his work in educating other attorneys. He currently lectures for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on personal injury law. He has co-authored two widely regarded publications on important personal injury issues, including "Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Insurance, An Analysis of the Financial Responsibility Law" and "Pennsylvania Personal Injury Subrogation Handbook".
Mr. Shollenberger has also served the legal community in other ways. For many years, he worked tirelessly for the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, attaining its highest office, President, in 2000-2001. The Association bestowed upon him two of its most prestigious awards, the Milton D. Rosenberg Award for his leadership, work and devotion to the Association and the Community Service Award in recognition for his outstanding work in the community.
Mr. Shollenberger is also active in the local community. He has served on numerous committees for the local chapter of the American Heart Association and conducted mock trials in local elementary schools to warn children of the perils of tobacco. For this latter work, he received a Citation from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and the Volunteer of the Year Award from the United Way Capital Region.
Attorney Shollenberger is a member of the Pennsylvania, Cumberland and Dauphin County Bar Associations as well as the Pennsylvania and American Association for Justice.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Medical Negligence
- Products Liability
- Insurance Law
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1981
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Top 25% of Class
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Honors: summa cum laude
- "Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Insurance, An Analysis of the Financial Responsibility Law", (Co-Author)
- "Pennsylvania Personal Injury Subrogation Handbook", (Co-Author)
- Lecturer, Personal Injury Law, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2002 to Present
- Lecturer, Pennsylvania Association of Justice, 1985 to 2005
Honors and Awards
- Milton D. Rosenberg Award for his leadership
- Association and the Community Service Award, Outstanding Work in the Community
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives and the Volunteer of the Year Award, United Way Capital Region
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2000 to 2001
- Cumberland Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- The National Trial Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Meyers & Desfor, Partner, 1985-1993, Associate, 1981-1985
Pro Bono Activities
- American Heart Association