1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  — Industrial Accidents

Getting Compensation After An Industrial Accident

Industrial accidents such as explosions and chemical spills can cause devastating injuries that affect your health and your ability to support your family. If you have suffered a serious injury, it’s important to understand your rights not only under the workers’ compensation system but also under our civil justice system.

At Shollenberger Januzzi & Wolfe, LLP, our attorneys offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions. With offices in Harrisburg and Enola, we represent victims of industrial accidents throughout central Pennsylvania. We also represent family members in cases of wrongful death.

Workers’ Compensation And Personal Injury Law

If you are injured in an accident that occurs on the job, you are entitled to benefits from workers’ compensation regardless of who was at fault. However, workers’ compensation benefits are limited and do not offer full wage replacement or money for damages such as pain and suffering.

If your injuries were caused by the negligence of someone other than your employer (also known as a third party), you may have the right to seek full compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the third party. Industrial accidents often involve third parties such as:

  • Gas or electric suppliers
  • Vendors who supply materials or chemicals or perform repairs
  • Manufacturers
  • Contractors

For example, if a contractor damages a gas line while working at your place of employment and this results in an explosion, you would have a right to collect workers’ compensation from your employer and pursue a personal injury claim against the contractor.

You may also have a claim against your employer in cases of extreme negligence.

Get The Financial Recovery And Benefits You Deserve

Our attorneys understand Pennsylvania workers’ compensation and personal injury law and can help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation from all sources.

For more information about your rights, call our firm at 717-229-6580 for a free consultation.