If you have been injured in an auto accident, this may be the first time you have had to deal with issues such as PIP, no-fault insurance, and uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance. That inexperience can be costly.
We Can Answer Your Questions And Explain Your Rights
At the law firm of Shollenberger Januzzi & Wolfe, we offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions. If you bring your insurance information, we'll even explain how to file a PIP claim. We will do this without cost or obligation. With offices in Harrisburg and Enola, we represent clients throughout central Pennsylvania.
Here is some information you need to know right away if you are injured in an accident:
- Obtain medical care immediately and follow your doctor's orders for follow-up care. If you don't obtain medical care or continue your treatment, the insurance company of the other driver will claim that you were not injured or that your injuries were not serious.
- Obtain names and contact information of any witnesses. This may be important in establishing liability.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your damaged vehicle or have someone else do this for you.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company of the other driver without legal advice. Anything you say could be used against you.
- Do not accept any checks or sign any releases without legal advice. You could end up giving up your rights to seek full compensation.
- If the other driver does not have enough insurance to pay your damages, get a lawyer's help. You may be entitled to file a claim against your own uninsured or underinsured motorists coverage.
- Finally, talk to a lawyer about your case. Do not rely on information you receive from friends or the Internet. Your circumstances may be different, and only an experienced attorney can give you advice after knowing the facts of your case.