Olivia Unger Bort Esq.
877-528-1399 (Toll Free)
Ms. Bort and her husband, Cody, live in Hummelstown. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Pennsylvania State University, University Park in 2011 with a major in Criminology an a minor in psychology. She received her J.D. from Widener University School of Law, graduating Magna Cum Laude.
While at Widener, Ms. Bort served as an academic fellow and an academic mentor. She was also a member of the Widener Law Journal, working as an Associate Staff Member from 2013-2014 and holding the position of External and Business Managing Editor from 2014-2015. She was a Widener Merit Scholarship recipient from 2012 through 2015 and received the Widener Outstanding Service Award in 2015.
Before becoming an associate at Shollenberger Januzzi & Wolfe, Ms. Bort worked for the Department of Public Welfare as a Field Inspector and Workload Manager. While working for DPW she completed hundreds of abuse investigations at state licensed and regulated facilities to ensure children and mentally disable individuals were safe and not being neglected or abused.
Ms. Bort is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Cumberland County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Association of Justice (formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyer Association).
She is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania and the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Academic Fellow
- Honors: Academic Mentor
- Honors: Widener Merit Scholarship recipient from 2012 through 2015
- Honors: Received the Widener Outstanding Service Award in 2015
- Law Journal: Widener Law Journal, Associate Staff Member, 2013 - 2014
- Law Journal: Widener Law Journal, External and Business Managing Editor, 2014 - 2015
- Pennsylvania State University - 2011
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Criminology
- Minor: Psychology
- Allen v. County of Wayne:, et al., Employee Status of Prison Inmates Defeats Immunity but Also Removes the Cause of Action, forthcoming, 24 Widener L.J.; 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Department of Public Welfare, Field Inspector
- Department of Public Welfare, Workload Manager
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association of Justice (formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyer Association), Member